Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kaleidoscope 2010 Community Service Day

I just found out the annual ODTUG Community Service Day at Kaleidoscope 2010 is going back to school (to volunteer, that is!)  On Saturday, June 27, ODTUG volunteers will be working under the guidance of Greater DC Cares (GDCC), the leading and largest nonprofit volunteerism coordinator in the D.C. area.  We will work at a local school to:
  • Organize the library and sort books to create a place for imaginations to soar; 
  • Beautify the school grounds to plant strong minds and bodies among colorful flowers and shady green trees; and
  • Paint games and a U.S. map on the blacktop to encourage learning outside of the classroom.
I have volunteered for the Community Service Day at both Kaleidoscopes since Hyperion joined the ODTUG family and it has been a lot of fun.  I also have met, and worked alongside, some very interesting people including Duncan Mills who is a key Oracle technologist.  For me, the Community Service Days have also been family participation events.  Here is a shot of my youngest son, Logan, painting in New Orleans.  For those of you who met Logan in Monterey last summer, this is what he looked like 'pre-dreadlocks'.

You can signup for the Community Service Day when you signup for Kaleidoscope.  For more information, including links to more pictures and videos of the last 2 events, visit the ODTUG website at http://odtugkaleidoscope.com/communityserviceday.html.

1 comment:

Vijay said...

Hi.. How are you? Your hyperion notes is very useful.. Thanks for that.. Could you please help me about hyperion 11.1.3 installation. I am getting this error( Invalid username/password) while configuring very first.

I have downloaded all the files as per your guide and installed successfully but configuration is not going. My system is windows Vista. oracle 11g is my database. please help me.

Thanks.
Vijay